I had fun coordinating efforts with our five judges:
- Melina Hammer, professional food stylist, photographer, and metalsmith.
- Thorsten Kraska, food photographer and co-founder of the Food Photography Club (one of the best food photography critique groups on flickr)
- Martha Larson, Seattle-based professional child portrait and maternity photographer.
- Lou Manna, award winning Olympus Visionary photographer (and author of Digital Food Photography) whose work has appeared in national ad campaigns, major magazines, and more than thirty cookbooks.
- Dayna McIsaac (December 2007's DMBLGIT host), fellow food blogger with not one, but two blogs: Food + Photography and Vegan Visitor.
Now, without further ado, I announce the winners:
In third place, we have a tie:
Peter from Souvlaki for the soul with Sponge cake with passion fruit curd and whipped cream. . .
. . .and Arfi from HomeMadeS with All about peas
2nd place: Piggy from Piggy’s cooking journal with Buttermilk chocolate chip crumb cake
And in first place: Helen from Tartelette with Salade de fruits
In the individual categories:
Aesthetics: Cenk from Café Fernando with Homemade granola
Edibility: Rachel from RKhooks with Blueberry pancakes R khooks stylee
Originality: Bea from La tartine gourmande with Bicolor soup: green pea and potato
As you know, as host, I have the ability to award a few of my own. I'm giving out two host awards:
One to Andrew from Spittoon extra with Apricot and Fig frangipane tart
and last, but not least, one to: Meeta from What's for lunch, honey? with Tropical fruit salad
This month's host is Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy. Have fun Sara!